The holidays are almost here! This is such a great time of year when most dream of looking their best for the ones they love and friends or family that are only seen during this time of year. Looking your best isn’t limited to your outfit or hairdo, it has to do with your teeth as well! Your smile is usually the first thing people notice when you speak or smile. Follow these tips during the holidays and keep your smile bright, right into the New Year.
Beneficial foods for the holidays:
- Snacks which involve extensive amounts of chewing such as apples, celery, and carrots will help whiten your teeth because they naturally remove stains due to their fibrous nature. They are considered natural exfoliates.
- Natural greens, which include foods like spinach, broccoli, and lettuce, are recommended in stain prevention because they are known to generate a film over teeth that mimic a barrier on the teeth to harmful substances.
- Always keep a glass of water close whenever you are drinking wine, coffee, or eggnog. This will help remove staining pigments from attaching to your teeth, staining them.
Helpful tips for a clean smile:
- We recommend brushing your teeth immediately after eating a meal. This will remove any remaining food particles that could cause harm to your teeth. Need an example? Treat your teeth just like you would treat a white shirt. If you are eating anything you would be afraid to get on a white shirt, make sure you brush right after!
- Floss once a day, every day. This helps remove plaque and other substances that could stain your teeth. Be sure to pay close attention to any areas deep areas between teeth as stains stick to these areas.
- Never skip brushing your teeth before going to bed. It’s dangerous and unhealthy!
During the holidays, precautions should be taken to be sure that you teeth remain healthy into the New Year. However, this is also a time to enjoy the company of friends and family. Please do hesitate to contact our dental office in Huntington Beach, should you have any questions. Our dentist is glad to help! From our family to yours, may you have a warm and healthy Thanksgiving!
Schedule an appointment today with our dentist in Huntington Beach ... Call (714) 848-4247